122 Exeter Road Massapequa, New York 11758
Home: 516-541-1647 Cell: 678-386-1755 E-Mail: email@example.com
Outstanding, organized, creative, enthusiastic and results driven professional with years of quality experience applying elementary teaching skills to increase student learning. Dedicated to the profession of teaching, overall student development and recognized for demonstrating the highest respect and professionalism for other staff members, innovative integration of technology, and hands-on activities to support learning concepts. Have excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate and collaborate effectively with co-workers at all levels. Self-motivated and can work independently or in a team. Broad based qualifications include: Sales, Marketing, Customer Communication and Liaison Affairs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Excellent Strategist - Provide solutions that boost productivity and efficiency across the organization. Quickly identify problem areas and implement effective solutions to meet goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills - Consistently recognized by colleagues for exceptional talents in needs analysis and problem resolution in fast-paced environments.
- Strong sense of responsibility - Solid professional standards; excellent track record of dependability. Maintain focus on achieving results while implementing business solutions to meet a diversity of needs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledgeable of management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Computer Skills – Knowledgeable of computer programs to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher; use of Internet for Research; and School Instructional Software/Program to include: promethean board/smart board, along with acti-votes, active slate, and web quests.
Teacher - First/Second Grade: Oak Grove Elementary School Acworth, GA
July 2005-February 2010
- Prepared and carried out standard based lessons for all major subject areas.
- Taught through implementation of technological resources, using promethean board/smart board, along with acti-votes, active slate, web quests, and interactive lessons and programs from various resources.
- Utilized DIBELS, M-Class, and RIGBY benchmarks to assess, progress monitor, and plan individualized and group instruction, to achieve optimum student achievement and growth.
- Worked collaboratively with team teachers on the grade level preparing essential units of study.
- Created and maintained class website available for parent and student use.
- Taught using various types of instructional grouping, including guided reading, balanced literacy, cooperative learning, whole group lessons, differentiated and individualized instruction.
- Co-taught with team members on various instructional activities such as Author Studies and Thematic Units.
- Successfully rotated learning groups in order to continue all students daily on Pearson’s Success Maker Reading and Math programs.
- Encouraged the Accelerated Reader Program into my classroom using incentives.
- Primed and tested students for state-wide GCRCT standardized tests in English/Language Arts, Reading, and Mathematics by creating standard based tests on County OAS website.
- Used various rubrics as an assessment tool to create individualized lesson plans, grade, diagnose and explain strengths, as well as weakness, to parents.
- Communicated weekly via newsletters, website, agenda, and e-mail for correspondence with parents.
- Work hand in hand with parents to support the students’ particular needs all year long.
- Work closely with EIP teachers and student based support teams to increase learning for at risk students to aid their specific learning needs.
- Grade Level Representative for School Instructional Leadership Team.
- Completed Cherokee County Teach 21 Program for technological instruction in the classroom.
- Trained in and applied the Learning Focused Philosophy of Max Thompson.
- Trained and employed the Every Day Mathematics, as well as other programs in the classroom.
- Coordinated, prepared and organized multiple field trips each year for grade level team.
- Continuous involvement in the various Professional Learning Units coursework, workshops, and endorsement programs, available through Cherokee County and North Georgia RESA, to support my own journey of learning, and to stay adapted to the many new ways of differentiated instruction.
- Member and participant in PTA activities and meetings.
Teacher - 4th Grade: P.S. 195, William Haberle Rosedale, NY
September 2000-September 2001
- Prepared and carried out standard-based lessons for all major subject areas.
- Primed and tested students regularly for state-wide standardized tests in English/Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics and Science, thus increasing the scores from the previous year.
- Worked closely with all resource teachers regarding students pulled from the classroom for individual instruction for various subjects.
- Created centered activities where students worked on own level and pace to achieve challenges daily in the classroom.
- Taught using a literacy-based text with various levels of instruction, students alternated between working in groups, pairs, and independently throughout the week, creating a sense of accountability for personal achievements, as well as daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Met with grade teachers weekly during preparation periods to discuss challenges, ideas, resources, plan trips and go over staff development essential to our grade.
- Organized and directed subject-related class trips throughout the year.
- Tutored small groups during lunch hour to better assist those who were experiencing difficulties with certain subject material.
- Worked closely with PTA members to establish good relations.
- Participated and prepared students for annual Spelling Bees, Math-a-thons, Read-a-thons and other school traditions in the course of the year.
Teacher First/Second Grade: P.S. 72, Annette Goldman Brooklyn, NY
September 1994-June 2000
- Prepared and carried out standard based lesson plans for all major subject areas, applying the Balanced Literacy Approach.
- Experience in teaching Success for All, Johns Hopkins University Model of Excellence Reading Program.
- Utilized Open Court Reading Program and integrated Whole Language Approach.
- Developed all curriculum area learning centers within the classroom on multiple levels.
- Collaborated with Chapter 1 reading and math teachers on individual student lesson plans to incorporate within other areas of learning.
- Produced and implemented thematic units for social studies and science supplementing textbooks with Literature-based teaching.
- Directed hands on science activities.
- Met with guidance counselors, speech and occupational therapists regarding student’s status and ways of aiding them in the class environment regarding trauma, family crisis, personal handicaps, and etc.
- Coordinated and executed assemblies for various themes.
- Performed bi-monthly trips to the public library and coordinated subject-related class trips during the year.
- Received First Prize for School Science Fair, Honorable Mention for District Science Fair.
Teacher Assistant Tutor: Sylvan Learning Center Ozone Park, NY
- Provided assistance with Reading, Mathematics, Study skills, and Homework for beginning readers through High School level students.
Teacher Assistant: Hi Hello Child Care Center Freeport, NY Summer 1993
Teacher Assistant : Just Wee Two, Inc. Manhasset, NY Part time 1991
Catechist – 3rd Grade: St. Rose of Lima Massapequa, NY 2010
Catechist - 1st, 2nd Grades: St. Michael the Archangel Woodstock, GA 2006-2009
Catechist/Youth Minister: Our Holy Redeemer Church Freeport, NY 1988-1994
- Completed Safe Environment program for employees and volunteers.
- Followed a set curriculum, taught the foundations of the Catholic Church, prepared and carried out weekly lessons.
- As Youth Minister, coordinated and operated weekly meetings involving subjects such as Self-Image, Peer Pressure, Drugs and Alcohol, Parental Difficulties and Friendship.
- Organized activities and events for the youth program.
Waitress/Assistant Floor Manager: Johnny's Dockside Freeport, NY 1995-1997
Waitress: Tides Inn Freeport, NY 1992-1995
Waitress: West Wind Yacht Club Freeport, NY 1986-1992
Office & Sales Assistant: Price Paper & Twine Freeport, NY 1989-1990
Office Assistant: Freeport Equipment Freeport, NY 1988-1989
Master of Science in Education – Elementary Education:
CUNY Queens College Flushing, NY 1996
BS in Education – Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Minor in Communications:
CUNY Queens College Flushing, NY 1993
Associate of Science in Business Administration:
Nassau Community College Garden City, NY 1989
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Six + 1 Writing Traits (6 hours) 2008
Technology Teach 21 Coursework (2-year Program) 2007-2008
Olweus Bully Prevention Program (10 hours) 2007
Collaborative Conference (10 hours) 2006
Kennesaw State University & CCSD ESOL 2005
Instructional Strategies Training (30 hours) Learning Focused Schools 2005
Gifted Endorsement 2011
State of Georgia Early Childhood Education (P-5) 2005
State of Georgia Middle Grades (4-8) 2005
Reading Endorsement 2005
State of New York Teaching Certificate (N, K, 1-6) 1994
New York City License (1-6) 1994